Recipe Rut Solution #5

Sunday, August 15, 2010

This week's recipe rut solution was a real winner! Last summer, my mother-in-law gave me a bunch of Cooking Light magazines. Last weekend, I sat and went through all of them to see if they had any good recipe rut solutions. I gave Adam some options, and he picked lamb-burgers for tonight. They are a healthy version of a Gyro and they were incredibly easy and tasted great!

Here's the recipe:

  • 3/4 lb. ground lamb
  • 3/4 lb. ground turkery
  • 1 container feta cheese
  • 2 tsp lemon rind
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp. rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 pack of pitas
DSC_0744

Mix all of these ingredients together to make the burger mix, then form them into patties and they are ready to grill! For me, it made eight patties and I wish we would've invited people over to help us eat all of them, but we will take them for lunch tomorrow and I'm assuming they'll have good lunchability.

DSC_0749

For the Tzatziki Sauce:
  • 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 2 tbsp grated peeled seeded cucumber
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Squeeze of lemon juice
Mix all of these ingredients together and it turns out to be really tasty sauce.

Once your lamb-burgers are done, shove them into a pita with some lettuce, tomatoes and sauce and you're ready to go! I paired them with french fries and some homemade pickles that Adam's grandma sent us home with a few weekends ago.

DSC_0764

DSC_0755

DSC_0762

Total Meal Cost: $25.00

Adam's Rating: 12 out of 10

No comments: