Recipe Rut Solution #4

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last week was crazy and I can't believe I wasn't able to post my recipe rut solution. I kind of flaked on the recipe this week and did two deserts for my nephew Jacob's baptism. I made vanilla cupcakes with strawberry icing and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I promise this week I will do another dinner recipe!

For the cupcakes, I made a basic yellow cupcake batter (you could use boxed cake mix). The frosting was REALLY easy, light and fresh for summertime.

  • 1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold
  • Pinch of coarse salt
  • 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy.

3. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners’ sugar; beat until well combined.

4. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (save any remaining strawberry puree for another use); mix until just blended.

I didn't take any pictures while I was making them because I was making them at 6:30 AM on a Saturday morning, but here is the final product:

DSC_0712

DSC_0715


Here is the recipe for the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (which also happen to be Adam's favorite):

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 package white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts

    1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.

    2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.

    3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

    4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

    5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

    6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

    7. Bake at 350 degrees until brown


cookies

No comments: