Walking on Broken Glass

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I've come to learn that just when you think your day is as bad as it's going to get...it gets worse.

After a particularly crappy day at work, I went to the store in pursuit of the ingredients needed to make my Recipe Rut Solution tonight. I was able to find all of the ingredients I needed and then stood in line for about 20 minutes while some old lady used a coupon for all 150 items in her cart (seriously...you're retired, why can't you shop for groceries at 10:00 AM?!?!).

I arrived home, took the dog out, unpacked the groceries, changed and was preparing to relax for an hour or so when I happened to notice the huge sliding glass door that leads onto our patio. The entire thing was cracked and splintered, precariously still standing and threatening to tumble into the dining area.

DSC_0696

DSC_0693

DSC_0695

It's always something, isn't it?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

did someone try to break in?

Sally said...

Be glad you live in an apartment and don't have to pay for it to get fixed. If it was your house you would have to stay home from work, buy a new window, and pay for someone to install it. See there is your bright side!