Recipe Rut

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lately I’ve noticed that the blog is getting a bit boring, I mean, who really cares about what I do from day-to-day? I can only post so many tear-jerker veteran stories and horrifying metro escapades.

Last night, I was thinking about a way to spice up my blog, and then I had a great idea that will not only make this place a bit more interesting, but it will be helpful to me (and to Adam)!

Have you ever gotten into a recipe rut, where you have the same eight or nine things for dinner over and over again? WE DO! Most of the dinners we make (tacos, chicken, spaghetti) are easy and require little preparation.

So I’ve decided that in order to get out of this rut, I need to expand my horizons and try new things, this is why I am going to try a new recipe once a week. One night, I will find a new recipe and make it, and then post the recipe and pictures right here. I will show the good, the bad, the ugly and the terrible tasting, all in an effort to improve my cooking capabilities. The recipe doesn’t have to be a main course, it could be a side dish, a salad or even a dessert.

Tonight, I am going to try my first new recipe, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Awesome! Can't wait - I'm always in a recipe rut!

Sally said...

We are always having recipe rut over here. Please get started so I can steal your good recipes.