Boston or Bust

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Last weekend, Adam and I, along with two of our friends decided to take a road trip to Boston for the Fourth of July. We left early on Friday morning (3 AM) and came home on Monday. All-in-all it was a great trip, and, according to my boss, the last I would be granted any time off until the wedding.

When we got there on Friday, we wandered around the Harvard campus, and then drove into the city to check into the hotel. That night, we split up and saw two different movies (the girls saw My Sister's Keeper and we both cried through the entire thing) then we headed down to Little Italy. Here was the view from the walk (not the best picture, but it was really cool):



Saturday, we decided to walk the entire Freedom Trail, and we did it! Luckily, we had beautiful weather.

On Saturday night, the Charles River was lined with thousands of people to see the fireworks, and Boston did not disappoint. The fireworks ranked right up there with the ones my parents and I happened to catch on Bastille Day in Paris, they were AMAZING!

On Sunday, we went on a Super Duck Tour, a definite highlight of the trip:



Monday we drove home after a fun, but exhausting trip and to be honest, I was pretty happy to be back in Baltimore.

On a completely unrelated note, Pottery Barn discontinued the bedding that was on the registry, so Adam and I went over to the store last week and bought the last duvet cover (I considered it a reward for getting an A in my four-week summer class from hell!)

Here's a picture of it (Tobey isn't supposed to be up on the bed, but he's kind of spoiled):


Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! We're moving this weekend, so hopefully there next week there will be a new edition of CRIBS: RACHEL AND ADAM'S NEW PLACE.

post signature

2 comments:

Sara said...

Your new bedroom ensemble is beautiful. Get that dog off the bed!

Anonymous said...

I'm not too keen on talk of CRIBS until at least 9 months after the wedding.