In Memoriam....Cooper the Civic (2000-2009)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

After finding out that it would be another $2,000 to fix the Civic's transmission, Adam and I started the exhausting search for a new car. We looked at many, many cars, went to many, many places and I received lots and lots of voicemails and text messages (yes, car salesmen text you now) before we finally made an executive decision on the perfect car for me (and for my bank account).

So, it was tonight, that I said goodbye to Cooper the Civic through teary eyes....it's amazing just how attached I was to that car, it honestly felt like I was saying goodbye to a good friend. All of the memories came back to me: the day my parents handed me the keys and how extremely excited I was, driving to senior prom, driving it around UD with the sunroof open, driving it to my first job. Buying a car on my own just seems like another huge step toward adulthood, not to mention a large financial responsibility.

Anyway, after sharing all of my heartfelt feelings about an inanimate object, I thought I would introduce you to my new ride. Adam claims that the fact that my last car had a name was what made me so attached to it, but I have already picked out the perfect one for my new Hyundai Santa Fe.

So.....here's Harvey:



post signature

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

WOW! There's nothing like buying that first car. I think I'll always remember my experience and the car that I bought. I love the new ride - I hope that you are happy with it!!! Big week for the Achuff family with cars - 3 new ones - dad's, yours, ours!! (now Sally needs a new ride)

Sara said...

Congratulations! It is very cute.

Love ya,
Mom

Drena said...

love the name, love the ride! Congrats. Isn't being a grown up fun??? (J/k)