A weekend at the bay makes sickness go away

Sunday, April 11, 2010


Last week was a rough one for me, I was sick for most of it with infections in both ears, a high fever and a sinus infection. I also called in sick to work for 2 days, which rarely happens because I HATE calling in sick and feeling like a slacker.

I was starting to feel better by Thursday, so we decided to head down to the Cianfichi bay house in Rehoboth Beach, DE. We got there Friday night and had some Grottos pizza followed by a good night's sleep. Even though it was too cold to go to the pool or to the beach, it's amazing how nice it feels to be in a place with no cable, no Internet and bad cell phone reception. I was able to lounge around and read my new book (I actually got to read for fun) and take walks in the sunshine.

We just got back an hour ago and now I have to get geared up for another work week and a crazy 5 final weeks of classes. Sometimes I wish I could just live at the beach permanently (and I think Tobey does too)!



No comments: