Early Morning Surprise

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This morning I woke up, got ready, drove to metro, caught the 6:05 train and headed into Baltimore for work just like every other weekday. When I got off the train, I met up with one of my coworkers and we began the walk from the metro station to the federal building.

As we were walking, I noticed a huge rat peeking his head out from underneath a trash can in the plaza in front of the building. Even though rats are all over in the landscaping that surrounds the plaza, it still churns my stomach when I see one early in the morning (or any time of day).

We started walking up the steps when all of the sudden my coworker lets out the most blood-curdling scream I have ever heard. Seriously, I thought she had been shot or something (which could happen in Baltimore). All of the still-half-asleep federal workers turned around to stare at us.

The rat had literally followed us across the plaza and was following us up the steps! The scream, however, must have scared the poop out of the thing…it even made him drop his coveted day-old MacDonald’s french fry and run for cover.

What a way to start the day!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

That just made me laugh... hahah only you.