Crying Over Stolen Milk

Thursday, April 2, 2009


Lately, I have been bringing cereal to work for breakfast. I get up early, (5:40AM...eeeek) and leave just enough time to get dressed, do hair and make-up and get out the door. I don't have time for breakfast at the apartment.

There is a little convenience store in my office building, and every morning I was buying a pint of milk for 90 cents. One day I thought to myself, "This is crazy! I'm spending like $5 a week on milk for my cereal!" Now, I know $5 doesn't seem like very much, but that's $260 a year! That's more than a car payment!

To solve this problem, on Sunday, while I was at the grocery store, I picked up a quart of milk for $1.25, and thought, "I'll take this to work and it will last me the whole week or more!"

WRONG!

The second day that my milk was in the fridge, I went to get some, and half of it was gone! The worst part of it was....I had my name written, in permanent marker, on the lid and the carton. To combat the problem, I took my milk out of the very visible side pocket of the refrigerator door and hid it behind some insanely old Tupperware containers of moldy lunch-meat, in hopes that the thief wouldn't find it again.

WRONG!

This morning I happily walked in with my cereal to find an evil coffee-drinker pouring MY milk into her ginormous double-venti coffee.

"Excuse me," I said, "can you read what is written all over that container of milk."

"Oh," she said, "I didn't think you would mind."

WRONG!

I think I may stick this post up on the fridge, so everyone has fair warning.

post signature

4 comments:

LauraAnn said...

That sucks! The CPA firm that I used to work for was notorious employees stealing others food. The Admin Head would send out mean emails telling people not to steal other people's food but it didn't seem to work.

I don't get it!

Carrie Davis said...

Oh that would peeve me. You crack me up, though, I accidently just laughed out loud during a conference call. I need to be better about muting :)

Drena said...

now you just need to start bringing in a cooler! :)

Toni said...

I hate it when people do stuff like that! We have the same situation with our communal office fridge. If only there were a way to lock up your milk carton...