Domesticity

Saturday, November 22, 2008

This weekend I have been channeling my inner housewife, which by the way, is not in preparation for tying the knot in just a little over a year, sometimes I just feel like decorating and baking!

Last night (Friday) I met my Mom in York, PA for the York Folk Art and Craft Show, even though I had to drive through a blizzard to get there. It was fun walking around and checking out all of the various crafts, most of which were beautiful (and a little bit out of my price range). In the end, I bought a candle and some potpourri to create my first-ever Christmas centerpiece for my dining room table. Here it is....


After finishing up at the craft show, I started to head home even though it was pretty snowy and icy. The hour long trip ended up taking me 3 hours!

Today, I baked a pumpkin pie to go with the delicious dinner Adam and I have been planning (pork tenderloin, sourkraut, and mashed potatoes). Sometimes on a freezing cold night, it's nice to sit and eat a homemade meal and enjoy a beautiful centerpiece. Doesn't it look scrumptious?


Have a good weekend, and STAY WARM!


post signature

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Wow, I'm impressed :) Nice signature too! Can't wait to see you guys this week!

Globetrottingbride said...

What a great blog! I love Hershey, PA. I blogged about the Hershey Spa last week.