The Broken Washing Machine

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

For those of you who don't know, I always take my laundry over to Adam's apartment because he has a washing machine, and I don't. In exchange for using his washing machine for free, I usually do his laundry as well.

All college students and recent college graduates know, that when you are short on money to do your laundry at school, you attempt to squeeze as much as possible into the miniscule washers and dryers...I mean the $2.50 that I would have to pay to not overload the washer could be an extra beer at Grottos! I guess I didn't drop the habit now that I'm done with school.

On Saturday evening I was busy doing laundry at Adam's (while he was throwing things across the living room because he was so angry at the Penn State game) when I realized that the washing machine would not go into the spin cycle and the water would not drain from the bottom. I took the clothes out and dried them while Adam called the maitenance people at his apartment complex (thank goodness for renting)!

Yesterday (Tuesday) we stopped by his apartment to see if the problem had been fixed and we found a note that read:

Dear Tenant:
Problem Fixed.
Underwear pulled from pump.

Laying on the washing machine was an old crusty pair of my underwear! Oops! I guess I learned my lesson!

post signature

1 comment:

Drena said...

That is too funny. It couldn't have been a sock...