Vacation

Friday, June 25, 2010

Today we are leaving for vacation! It’s the first time we’ve had off of work for an extended period of time since the wedding/honeymoon and stretched ahead of us are 10 days of doing nothing. After much debate about what we wanted to do this summer, we decided to spend the week at Rehoboth Beach. Why? One, it’s pretty much free (you really can’t go on a nice vacation for less that $2,000) and two, there is no pressure to get out and do things.

The one thing that sucks about vacation….getting ready for it. On top of work, 4 discussion boards to participate in and the 10 page paper I had to write this week, I also had a huge list of things that needed to get done before we leave for 10 days. All of the preparations: doing laundry, cleaning (I hate coming back to a messy apartment), baking and packing = exhaustion! It was 11:00 last night before I got everything done. Now, the car is packed and parked in the garage below my building and I will be picking Adam up after work.

We plan on lounging by the pool, going to the beach, catching up on sleep, walking the boardwalk, shopping and exploring the towns around Rehoboth. I’m also excited to take full advantage of my new Nook!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Have a great time!