Wrap it Up!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Yesterday I went to the mall and finished my Christmas shopping! Yes, this will be the first year in many years that I will not be venturing out on Christmas Eve to buy a stray gift card or Bath and Body Works sampler. I AM DONE (the proof is my bank account!).

Last night, I decided that I would put on my Christmas IPOD mix, turn the Steelers vs. Ravens game on sans sound to see if Adam would make his TV debut (he went to the game) and wrap all of the presents that Adam and I bought for everyone.

I had just torn open my tube of cheerful ornament wrapping paper and had begun wrapping his parent's presents when I realized that I am a HORRIBLE wrapper. I know it's what's inside the package and who gives it to you that count, but I really wish my wrapped packages could have perfectly crisp corners and folds and adorable handmade bows. After a stressful hour and a half of wrapping, and trying to control the dog (who I discovered loves to eat wrapping paper, ribbon and price tags) I was fed up and shoved the last two presents into some random gift bags!

So, if you receive a package from me this year, please proceed to rip it open as fast as humanly possible and ignore the bulging corners, ragged scissor lines and awful end folds. I tried my best!


post signature

1 comment:

Cara said...

So next year...you can hire me and I'll give you some free lessons on wrapping =)