Deck the Halls! (Or the 1 Bedroom Apartment)

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

This year I made an attempt to "deck the halls" (or hall) in my little place in Baltimore with some Christmas decorations. Mom gave me a tree and a mini nativity scene and I created my holiday centerpiece and bought an inexpensive wreath for my door (because in Baltimore, it's dumb to spend too much money on something that will be hanging for all to see (and snatch!!)). Adam bought me two gorgeous poinsettias and I was all set.

After getting all of my Christmas paraphernalia situated and creating a Christmas playlist on my IPod, I realized that decorating and listening to seasonal music can really help with the Christmas spirit! Last year at this time, I was frantically studying for finals, job hunting and worrying about graduation. Now, it's crazy to look back on just how much has happened since then (but I'll save all that stuff for a New Year post). Here are some pictures of my newly-decorated place:


So put on some Manheim Steamroller or some Trans Siberian Orchestra and enjoy the holidays!

post signature

3 comments:

Sara said...

It looks very festive. I love coming home each day, turning the lights on on the tree and seeing it all lit up. All the little Christmas touches in the house are well worth the effort! It is definitely a time to be very thankful for where you live no matter how grand or humble.

Love,
Mom

Carrie Davis said...

Cute! After much debate we decided to put up a little tree out of Charlotte's reach. The first time she saw it she pointed her little fat finger at it and smiled a huge smile!

Cara said...

You're decorations make me so happy! I wish I had time to make my apartment look so cute!