Shot to the Eyeball

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last night, my Delta Gamma little sister, Missy came to spend the night because she is working in Baltimore today. I haven't seen her in about a month, so it was great to catch up. We talked as we watched American Idol and Glee. When the 10 o'clock news came on, we were about to get up and go to bed when an interesting story caught our attention.

Apparently, the new trend in getting drunk is to pour vodka directly onto your eyeball. Yes people, the taped footage showed people of questionable intelligence holding a cheap vodka bottle directly up to their eye and pouring it in. Apparently the alcohol travels more directly to the blood stream this way, resulting in higher levels of intoxication.

My favorite line of the whole story, "This activity is not about getting drunk, it's about pure stupidity." I would have to agree.

3 comments:

LauraAnn said...

OUCHIE!!! That just sounds extremely painful! I saw the headline on Foxnews this morning but when I clicked on the link it just took me to a blank page.

The headline said that it can also cause blindness. People can be so stupid!

Carrie Davis said...

HA! Glad that wasn't around when I was in college. I thought kids were supposed to be getting smarter?

Love the new look of the blog, by the way - did Adam use a template?

Toni said...

Wow. Getting drunk via the eyeball just sounds totally stupid and painful. And it makes me wonder if waterproof mascara and a great liquid liner, can withstand a dose of vodka to the face...