Bloody Mess

Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm sure you all NEVER get sick of reading my amazing metro stories, so here's another one for you....

Last week, following the double blizzard of 2010, the metro was insane. For most of the week, it was running only on 1 track, and sometimes the trains would be 45 minutes apart. Besides the long span in between trains, they were crowded. I don't mean not find a seat crowded; I mean, heads pushed into armpits, not able to move, nauseous just thinking about it crowded. On top of all of this wonderfulness, the Maryland Transit Authority thought it would be awesome to crank the heat up to 102 degrees, even though everyone was wearing full winter jackets and boots.

On Tuesday, after waiting for 30 minutes for my train after work, it finally came. A sea of humanity piled on, and I raced to sit down so that I could hunker into my protective cocoon with my IPOD blasting. Two stops down the line, when a woman came to sit next to me, I didn't even look up, until something red plopped onto the leg of my pants. Yes, the woman had blood gushing out of her nose, and she had no tissue or anything, it was just running down her hand!

I swear, I almost died right then and there. I couldn't even get up because people were crammed so tightly together, so I just sat there in misery, with strange blood on my pants until the lady got off of the train. I really need to find employment that does not require public transportation.


4 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

one word: "EWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Toni said...

GROSS!!!!!

Cara said...

oh god..the way you described it here sounds soo much worse than the text messages. i'm soo sorry people are nasty.

LauraAnn said...

Ewwwwwww!!!! That is so gross! That really sucks!