24 with snow on top

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today was my 24th birthday! I got to sleep in late (we got a 2 hour delay from work) and I got to leave work at 2...so I really only had to work 4 hours today, and we already have tomorrow off. Even though I spent a total of 4 hours on a metro that was only running on one track, I tried to make the best of it.

Adam was great at cheering me up after my long trek home in the snow; he made me dinner (homemade stuffed shells) and a birthday cake (since my original cake is still stuck in Mechanicsburg at my parent's house.) The cake isn't the most amazing looking thing in the world, but I'm sure it will taste wonderful once we cut it a little bit later.


I also got an amazing present, a Nikon D3000 camera, thanks to everyone from my family and Adam's family pitching in! I can't wait to spend my day off tomorrow watching the instructional DVD and learning how to use my new toy.

I also got this voicemail on my phone courtesy of my sister, Carrie and my niece, Charlotte:




Here is one of the first pictures that I took with my new camera, I'm sure there will be many more to come:

2 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday. Hope the cake was good and you have fun with your camera. Have a restful snow day. Hope to see you on Friday evening.

Carrie Davis said...

Hope you had a great day!! You're gonna love your camera!!