Let's Play the Name Game!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I always think that names are very interesting. You're stuck with your first name for the rest of your life! And if you're a boy, you're stuck with your last name too. I mean who wants a crappy last name like Cianfichi for the rest of their life (just kidding!)?

I personally already have the names picked out for my future son and daughter, but I found the Top 10 Boys and Girls Names for 2008, from babycenter.com, so I thought I would share:

Girls:
10. Lily
9. Hailey
8. Addison
7. Madeline
6. Ava
5. Olivia
4. Isabella
3. Madison
2. Sophia
1. Emma

Boys:
10. Matthew
9. Logan
8. Jack
7. Noah
6. Jackson
5. Caden
4. Jacob
3. Ethan
2. Jayden
1. Aiden

I thought this paragraph of the article was also interesting:
"Among the hottest trends is a return to traditional names after several years of unique and unexpected choices climbing the list. Some of the fastest climbers were more classic choices, including Nathaniel (up 11 slots), Samuel (up 11 slots) and Oliver (up 13 spots) for boys. Traditional girls' names climbing the list include Victoria (up six spots), Charlotte (up 10 spots) and Sophie (up 15 spots)."

Sorry Carrie, I guess lots of other parents liked the name Charlotte too!

Rachel is still in the top 100, at #88! And Adam is #73.

What's your favorite name and why?


post signature

1 comment:

Drena said...

Well, I guess I am trendy and didn't even know it since we named baby Oliver. I am hoping he doesn't have 5 other kids in his class with same name. Oh, well...I tried!