This Morning Sucked...Period.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sorry I couldn't think of a more creative or thought-provoking title for my post, but that title pretty much sums up my feelings so far today...AND IT'S ONLY 8:00 AM!

I honestly think that when the temperature is below 50 degrees, and it's raining...work should be on a two hour delay. I mean, they do it with snow, why not rain?

So far this morning, I have:
- Debated taking a "Personal Health Day" today at least 6 times.
- Gotten out of my amazingly warm and comfortable bed to come to work.
- Realized that working 6:45-3:15 is going to be really hard throughout the winter months
- Dealt with a dog that refuses to go out in the rain
- Sat in my freezing cold car on the way to the metro station
- Bought expired yogurt at the 7-11 (Guess I'll just be hungry for the next 6 hours until lunch!)
- Fallen down the steps at the metro station after some lady pushed me, "accidently"
- Had no one help me up when I fell down the steps at the metro station after some lady pushed me, "accidently"
- Ridden on an extremely crowded, smelly train, with someone who seemed to think there was nothing wrong with letting their child scream until they "got it our of their system".
- Had a wonderful woman whack me in the head with her oversized golf umbrella, that she insisted on opening on the escalator, even though the escalators are completely covered.
- Arrived at work to find an email that today will be my "quality review day", meaning that everything I do today must be checked over for my boss to judge my work quality...what a wonderful day for them to evaluate how positive I am about my work environment!

Seriously...I REALLY should have taken a "Personal Health Day" today.

post signature

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Oh No! I hope it gets better. You made me laugh out loud at work, though. :) So, will your boss review your blog post, since that's something you did at work today?? :)

Sara said...

Sorry for laughing, but this was really hilarious! I could just envision all of it. Poor Rachel! Hope the day got better. I just got home from a meeting at church with EXTREMELY long winded persons. Wow, some people (most people) just like to hear themselves talk.