Accepted

Saturday, April 17, 2010


A few months ago, after I found out that I would not be able to finish my master's degree as planned at UMBC because of class scheduling conflicts, I started looking into other schools that might fit the bill. After looking for a while, I learned that Penn State was offering an online MPA program. Adam and I have been thinking about whether or not we want to settle down in Baltimore, and we decided that it might be nice to have the flexibility to go somewhere else if the opportunity arose. Going to school full-time in Baltimore would hold us here for another 2 years, not necessarily something that we are interested in at this point in time, especially considering that his job offers the flexibility to work from home.

So, I applied to Penn State and I got in! I can start taking classes this summer toward my MPA. I haven't fully decided whether it's the right thing for me to do or not (there are still some kinks to work out), but it's nice to have the option!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel - congratulations :) it's very exciting to have the option, like you said. I wish you the best of luck in making your decision. Hope all is well!