Explosion

Monday, March 29, 2010

About a year ago, I wrote about men's jobs and women's jobs when it comes to a marriage. I'm pretty positive that this weekend we discovered a new men's job.

I'm sure this has happened to just about every dog owner, but that does not make it any less disgusting when it happens to you. On Saturday, Tobey pooped inside twice, and usually we take that as a sign that he is sick, because he is completely house trained. We put him in his box Saturday night and hoped he would feel better in the morning.

Yesterday, I woke up early to finish the take-home midterm I had for one of my classes before we went to church. When I opened the door to the office (where Tobey's box is located) this insanely horrible stench hit my nose and I had to hold myself back from vomiting. There was my throw up/poop covered dog sitting in his throw up/poop covered cage. I almost died.

Instead of cleaning it up and giving him a bath, I went back to our room and woke Adam up. For some reason, he has a really hard time stomaching baby poop and regurgitation, but has no problem with dog excrement. He opened the window, put the nasty towels in the washing machine AND bathed the dog, all while I tried not to be sick from the smell.

This morning, I was running late for work, but when I was walking down the hallway, the same smell as the one from yesterday morning hit my nose. I couldn't be late for work (wink, wink) so I woke Adam up and asked him to check on Tobey ASAP.

The man really deserves an award.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

You definately have a keeper, I seriously dont see Joe doing that for our future pet. EVER.

Toni said...

Poor Tobey! I hope he gets better soon! Good thing he has Dr. Adam there to take care of him :)