New York City

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Adam and I spent the weekend celebrating my 26th birthday/graduation in New York City. When we woke up yesterday morning and saw the snow falling in Delaware, we were a bit worried about driving the 2+ hours to NYC, but it turned out that the roads were just wet and by the time we arrived at our hotel, the snow had stopped. Our hotel was in the perfect location, so we checked in and walked around people watching for a few hours before it was time to get ready for the evening.


photo

We were able to meet up with for drinks with Adam's Uncle Tom and Bryan who had also managed to snag us tickets to Wicked. Considering we hadn't seen them since our wedding, an hour wasn't enough time to catch up, but unfortunately, we had dinner plans! We met my college roommate Toni and her boyfriend for dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant near the theatre.


After dinner, we headed over to the show and realized that our seats were in the very center of the theater about twenty rows up....I seriously thought I had died and gone to heaven. The show was AMAZING! I was glued to the stage the entire time, and when it was over, I was very sad to leave. When we came out, it was snowing again and we were really tired after our long day, so we decided to walk back to the hotel.


This morning was spent enjoying a nice breakfast and a little bit more walking before we headed home to Delaware. The weekend was wonderful and I don't think I could have gotten a more perfect present!


photo-2

No comments: