Serendipity

Monday, March 22, 2010

This weekend Adam and I headed home for my sister Sally's baby shower! It was wonderful and I think Baby Birm will be the best dressed little boy around when he arrives in May. I will try to post some pictures from the shower tonight.

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day, so we decided to take the scenic route home. While we were driving, we were talking about how much fun it would be to have a really cute sporty car to drive around on nice weekend afternoons. Adam said that his dream car would be a 1970 orange Corvette.

When we were about 20 minutes from our apartment, we were driving along and all of the sudden I saw an orange Corvette for sale by owner in a vacant parking lot. I thought Adam was going to crash my car as he u-turned and headed back for his dream ride. Turns out it is the exact one he was describing to me. He checked it out for about 20 minutes while I took some pictures. He put the guy's phone number in his phone and called him later to find out that the car is $21,000.00.

I wish that I could magically write a check for $21,000.00 and have that car sitting in the parking lot with a big bow on it when he gets home from work tonight, but for right now I think he'll have to keep dreaming.


No comments: