6 Months to Go!

Sunday, June 7, 2009



Less than six months until the big day and I can't believe the past year that we've have been engaged has gone so quickly! I actually feel really good about everything, and know that for the time being, most of the planning is under control.

Last night, we went to the mall to register at Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn. I thought it would be fun, and it was, but it actually also ended up being stressful at the same time. Adam, (whom I let use the scan gun as a bargaining tool to get him to come with me) was standing right behind me ready to point and shoot (and scanning who knows what else in his boredom) as I was attempting to imagine the material possessions that would be crucial once married life begins.

It's kind of hard to figure out if you're REALLY going to need 8 champagne flutes, a gourmet garlic press or a digital meat thermometer in your life after you're married, when you most certainly do not use them before you're married. So, I pretty much stuck to the important things: pots and pans, towels, bedding and of course, margarita glasses (because seriously, what's a good marriage without good margaritas?!?).

Next weekend, we are taking a mini-trip to Delaware to look at wedding rings and hit up the Italian Festival in Wilmington, where our whole relationship started 3 years ago! I'm pretty excited about it, but first I have to make it through another week of work and class.


post signature

1 comment:

Drena said...

I agree. I felt very stressed to pick items in a variety of price points so my guests had lots of options. Don't worry....you can return what you really don't care about. I did and I had credit for like a year which rocked!